Dogs should be spayed or neutered prior to 1 year of age.
Spaying or neutering your dogs can help:
- prevent urine marking, humping, male aggression, and the urge to roam
- prevent cancers of the reproductive system (in both males and females)
- nearly eliminate the risk of breast cancer (in females)
- prevent increased medical cost and inconvenience to owners
- help control the serious pet overpopulation problem
The Miramichi SPCA requires that you commit to spaying or neutering your pet upon adoption, as stated in the adoption contract if the animal is not already altered. Failure to do so may result in repossession of the animal.